Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Live from Reykjavik

Hellooo...it's me...

But for real, hi! It's me! The past 3 posts have been dated ones that I would've posted earlier if I had a working computer...

Which brings me to my next point, which is that my computer broke (in Iceland, very unfortunate) and I had to get it fixed here (sorry, Dad). That left me inconvenienced for a couple of days, and you all without blog posts for a couple of days as well! 

So here I am, in the biggest city in Iceland, that holds over 2/3 of the population and I LOVE IT. I didn't realize how much I missed civilization until I was back in it. It was like walking outside after being in a stuffy basement all day long. 

This city is beautiful. Pictures attached. 

More about my adventures here to come!

Some of the best Mexican food I ever had in my entire life. We went to this restaurant on night one after our 8 hour bus ride here from the Westfjords. 

This is Carter doing the most adventurous thing he's ever done. That's Louis on the swing underneath him, he's a mechanical engineer at Rice. 

Here's our beautiful city <3

Here's Meg Meg looking pretty with the flowers. 

Carter and Alex getting cuddly as we waited for our Dominoes. Yes we ordered pizza in Iceland. Check that one off the list. Both of these beautiful children live within a 40 minute drive from our house in Southlake and I am so excited to see them after this program is over :) Even though Carter can't wait to get rid of us (He's a lot like Eeyore). 

This is Joss and I looking real cute hanging out in our hostel that we're staying at. The guys have to stay in a room with all of them together, so 9 people in a room at once. They complain about that a lot, and just escape to the girls rooms instead. Joss goes to Northwestern with Cassie, they are the same year and know only a few of the same people. They need to fix that so I can hang out with both of them when I go visit. 

This is the most famous church in Iceland, sitting tall and pretty over the entire city of Reykjavik. It's the only way I know where I am at all. We're going to go to the top at some point! 




No comments:

Post a Comment