Friday, July 21, 2017

I'm Alive I Promise

Hello!

I'm sorry for being so MIA this week (has it been longer than a week?), so hopefully I can try to catch you up on my adventures in this post. 

The main reason for my lack of blogging is that my writing brain has been completely bogged down with our 10 page research paper that I have been working on for the past 2 weeks (remember that one?). I'm happy to say that the paper is done and turned in! After several long nights and lots of blood, sweat, and tears. 

The funny thing about Reykjavik is that being here is exactly like being at home...just in Iceland. We have class every day for at least 3 hours, and then the rest of the afternoons and nights these past couple of weeks have been dedicated to our research papers. So most days, at least recently, have been wake up, go to school, come home from school, do work, make "dinner" (a sandwich or eggs because I am poor as Mom keeps reminding me), and then go to sleep. I have spent far too much time in this hostel, which I am just now realizing as I write this out. 

Thankfully, the week ahead will be filled with much more adventuring. So hopefully more interesting stories will come out of that. 

The good thing about hostel life is that everything that's not school-related instantly becomes more interesting. Like my friend Jack and I spontaneously went to the grocery store downtown at 11 pm the other night because we both needed food for the next day and it was the most adventurous thing I had done in like a week. Fun stuff. 

The other good thing about hostel life is that being cooped up here, just the 24 of us and bunch of other people from all over passing through, is that this group really feels like family to me. And I get really sad every time I think about having to say goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment