Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Moist

Greetings from Iceland, where the local time is 8:21! 

My body is very confused. 

I've already met 4 other people from my SIT program on my flight from JFK, which was a huge relief. I also met a guy sitting next to me on the plane who randomly decided to use his vacation days to journey here with zero plans. "This is the research I've done so far," he said, as he was holding up a singular magazine page with 'Reykjavik' on the top. At least I'm doing better than that guy! 

Charlie: 1

Couple unfortunate things: 

As we were waiting on the runway for takeoff, we got an announcement that we would be delayed due to weather. An hour later we finally took off. I swear it was 80 degrees and everyone was sweating buckets. Good thing we only had another 5 hours together on that plane. Yummy. 

So we finally get going, the AC kicks in, and I feel a drop of water land on my forehead. I dismiss it as nothing, until 3 minutes later I feel another one on my left arm. ("Why do I feel...wet...." -Pink Panther anyone?) I look up to see the AC above my head dotted with moisture droplets. Perfect. 

But I made it here (slightly damp) and so did my bag. So I'll give myself some credit for that. 

Iceland: 5
Charlie: 2




No comments:

Post a Comment