Sunday, July 2, 2017

Snow White and the Seven Larry's

For our Icelandic class, we were given an assignment on Monday to make a movie (in Icelandic, of course) about a topic of our choosing. 

My movie group consisted of Megan (my sister for these 2 weeks), Carter (he went to see Transformers with us), Alex (remember Alex? I wrote about her earlier), Natalie (also wrote about her earlier!), Larry (good ole Larry...), and yours truly. 

One thing that I have learned about myself in my years of high school and now college is that, when it comes to projects, I am a perfectionist. For anyone in my group, that is a good thing, because I won't quit until I know the finished product is one to be proud of. For me, it is a bad thing, because I won't quit until I know the finished product is one to be proud of. 

For example, we were assigned this project on Monday. It was due Friday, when we would present them in class at 1 pm, after having class all day long leading up to that. So it needed to be done by Thursday night, basically. As soon as I heard that deadline, I started getting nervous. We got our idea, wrote our script on Monday, translated on Tuesday, filmed some on Wednesday, and then finished filming Thursday by 5 pm. I finished editing Friday at 5 am. Perfectionism is not always a good thing. 

But here is the finished product, with all of my blood, sweat, and tears all over it. And we won Best Picture (ever in this program), so I'd say it was worth one (really) late night. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3iqvsr0jqc




No comments:

Post a Comment