Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Build-up

So...in exactly 2 weeks at this time I will be on a plane to Iceland. 

A couple months ago I started thinking about what I wanted my sophomore summer to look like. Internship? That would be great, except at that point I was probably too late in the school year to start looking. Work at home? never again. So, naturally, the only other option was to travel 3000 miles away to study abroad in Iceland. 

Things I didn't think about when I applied that I am thinking about now...constantly:

1. Main food group of Icelanders? seafood. One food group I don't eat? seafood.
2. Greatest amount of time spent overseas before this trip? 3 days. Greatest amount of time away from home ever? about 5 weeks. 
Length of this trip? 7 weeks. 
3. Words of Icelandic I can pronounce? Zero. 

So that makes the score...


Iceland: 3
Charlie: 0

A lot of people have asked me if I am excited, and I definitely am excited. But at this point I'm also very nervous. There are a lot of unknowns, with the most relevant unknown right now being "will all of my crap fit in one suitcase?" 

Until it does...


Iceland: 4
Charlie: 0

I have a lot of work to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment